What's new in Windows 8.1?
· New Start button - easily access the tiled interface from the desktop mode.
· Start in desktop - start Windows 8.1 directly in desktop mode.
· Updated Start screen - customise the Start screen the way you want with new tile sizes, background designs and colours.
· Improved multi-tasking - have up to four apps side-by-side with flexible window sizing for each app on the screen.
· Improved multi-monitor support - view your desktop or Windows Store apps on any or all of your monitors.
· Internet Explorer 11 - built for touch, now with larger tabs, simpler controls, and fluid response to gestures.
· Updated apps - updated Skype and Mail app and a redesigned Windows Store for discovering the best apps and games.
· Bing Smart Search - easiest way to find what you're looking for - built for touch, swipe or type.
· Improved VPN - additional support for a wider range of VPN clients in both Windows and Windows RT devices.
· Broadband tethering - turn your Windows 8.1 mobile broadband-enabled PC or tablet into a personal Wi-Fi hotspot.
· Improved biometrics - end to end biometric capabilities that enable authenticating with your biometric identity anywhere in Windows.
· Improved device encryption - device encryption previously found on Windows RT and Windows Phone 8 is now available in all editions of Windows.
· Build apps - there are more controls and options for developers to build and deploy apps on Windows 8.1.